Friday, February 16, 2007

Dabbling with technology and texts

It's Friday, a good day to set up a blog for the first time. I have no clue what I'm doing! But at least this feeble attempt gave me a much needed diversion from writing two sermons for this Sunday. Why two? Because we have two baptisms of elementary age children at the service in town. Things aren't going so well in the sermon-crafting department; I find the texts for Transfiguration Sunday to be among the more difficult ones with which to wrestle, and this year seems to be no exception. It's also Amazing Grace Sunday, so to weave all this together is challenging. Check out this site for more info (No, I haven't figured out how to make a lovely link yet. Sorry.): outreach@enews.bristolbayproductions.com.
I'll need to finish the sermons today because tomorrow will be a true "mountain top experience" as our LYO and Spirit Youth Groups have a ski trip scheduled. I have never been downhill skiing before, much preferring the illusion of control that I have on x-country skis, so this should be quite the adventure. Hopefully I won't need crutches as an accessory on Sunday morning!
Well, anyway, welcome to my little spot on the map. Check back often for updates as I try to become more technologically literate and try to instill more discipline in my writing life. Peace and blessings on this warm (11 degrees ABOVE) Friday.

No comments: